Will iPhone 6 sell for a lot on eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cornwall1888, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cornwall1888 macrumors newbie

I have a plan I want to go into a phone shop tomorrow pre order multiple iphone 6 probably black 64gb most popular. Then I plan to put them on eBay on the 19th. In my experience people who haven't preordered are desperate to get their hands on one and pay crazy prices once they have sold out in stores.

Is this a good idea, is there money to be made bearing in mind eBay fees?

I don't know if:

You can order more than one

You can return them for a full cash refund

If there will be a short supply

If you are guaranteed to be able to pick it up on day one

Any advice.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You are limited to pre-ordering 2 phones, and you have to buy them on contract. I'd say your plan isn't all that fool proof and carriers/apple have worked hard at scalpers.

3. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Negged x 1,000,000

Scumbag behavior. Hope you get scammed.

4. Cornwall1888 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

I recommend you find a scamming forum to ask your question. People won't like you hear and don't want to help you.

Hope your Internet crashes at 2:59 AM eastern time bud.

6. Ifti macrumors 68000

I won't judge you on whether what you wish to do is morally right or wrong, but will try to answer.....

You should be able to order more then 1.
    Yes you can return to Apple within either 7 or 14 days (can't remember which one) for a full refund.
    However, when selling on eBay you need to bear in mind both the eBay and PayPal fees associated with the sale. You also need to bear in mind the number of scammers on eBay, and how eBay always side with the buyer.

Nevertheless, this type of behaviour is frowned upon by many, although you could make some money from someone else desperate to have the handset if supply falls. On the flip side Apple could have it sussed this time round......maybe?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.