Will iphone 7 have a different form factor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AverageBob, Sep 13, 2014.

1. AverageBob macrumors member

I know it's ridiculously too early but I was looking at the iphone history and the form factor of every device plus it's s version stayed the same, and then the next version got a totally new shape. So if this continues 6s will keep the same form factor but get spec bumps then iphone 7 will get a new form factor.

I'm asking because while iphone 6 is really well designed, I don't really like the lines at the back of it, and I really hate the protruding camera so I'm hoping they change these for the iphone 7.

2. uchosen macrumors 6502

Sounds reasonable that the 7 will

3. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

Yes it probably will. That's how they've always done it.

4. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yep, you're right, it is ridiculous.

Can we enjoy our iPhone 6 first?

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

yes but believe that the 7 would be an evolution of the 6 and it will more than likely still be a round shape. if you want something completely redesigned, i would say the iphone 8 will be a total redesign, possibly back to brick.

2g, 3g, 3gs= round
    4, 4s, 5, 5s= brick
    6, 6s, 7, 7s= round
    8, 8s, 9, 9s= brick

that's what i think.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I think that's just the evolution of the design, and unintentional. There's only so many shapes they can make a rectangle..

7. AverageBob thread starter macrumors member

I actually like the round shape so I don't have any issues with that. Even the lines on the back aren't that big a deal. It's mostly the protruding camera that bothers me. I used to have the HTC Incredible S and I thought it looked so ugly because of the protruding camera and my friends made fun of it. I wonder why Apple just didn't make the phones a bit thicker to make the camera flush and that would also leave room for a slightly bigger battery.

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I think Apple will go with a "phat" iPhone 7... think back to what they did with the iPod Nano 3!

9. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

It's 2 years away, who knows maybe they'll get rid of the Touch ID button for good and implement it onto the screen. This will mean less bezel on larger screen sizes, which is only a good thing.