Will iPhone and iPod touch wireless syncing be coming in September

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by celticpride678, Aug 14, 2009.

?

What is your stand with Wireless Syncing?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2009.
  1. Want it. Coming in September

19.0%
  2. Want it. Coming after September

42.9%
  3. Don't want it at all.

19.0%
  4. I don't think Apple will incorporate Wireless Syncing

19.0%
  1. celticpride678

It is pretty much certain there will be some time of Apple event in September, but what will happen? We know a refresh of the iPod line and most likely, a new iTunes. But, will wireless syncing be coming to the iPhone and iPod touch.

It is certain that the hardware for wireless syncing is already in the device (Wi-Fi Card and/or Bluetooth), but the thing that would need to be changed is iTunes and maybe even the operating system.

My question is, do you think Wireless Syncing will be coming in September or in the coming months? What is your stand on wireless syncing?

iTunes has the support for wireless connection with the iPod touch and iPhone using the "Remote" application by Apple. But they would have to re-code for syncing.

Post your thoughts!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would love wireless syncing! I have always wondered why it hasn't been implemented before.

3. strike1555 macrumors 6502

Wireless syncing is extremely useful! Currently I am able to wireless sync using a program called USB Over Network connected to my server. It's so nice to be able to just dock and go anywhere with my laptop and add music.

Having it natively on the iPhone would be very nice as having a 24/7 computer is inconvenient and impractical for some and the software is extremely expensive.

That being said, I don't see it coming anytime soon.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

It works nicely on the Zune, I'm surprised Apple hasn't tried to implement it as well.