Will iPhone apps work on the Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MartinS3X, Oct 20, 2010.

1. MartinS3X macrumors member

Seeing Peggle and Plants vs Zombies on the presentation caught my eye earlier and I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind shedding some light on whether those are iPhone apps or the Mac versions of the app?

Attached Files:

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I could be wrong, but from what I've read they will be bringing the iPad / iPhone App store to the mac. You should be able to use the apps on your mac.

I don't know for sure, but that's what I understand, I haven't watched the keynote yet.

3. MartinS3X thread starter macrumors member

Wow, well that would be interesting to see how they use the trackpad in place of an iOS touch screen. So then its not going to be a Mac only store? (By that I mean, apps written solely for a Mac and not ported from iOS)

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Yeah, I think it's going to be a separate store altogether, although obviously I could be wrong.

5. MartinS3X thread starter macrumors member

Maybe it will be sort of a split? Some apps fully built for Mac OS(Pages, Numbers, etc.) then some emulated on to Mac OS (Trainyard, Cut the Rope, Angry Birds etc.) Unless developers come out with an iPhone, iPad, and Mac version of their apps!:eek: Well I for sure am looking forward to how the Mac app store and iOS app store integrate, or maybe they wont. I guess we just have to wait the 90 or so days.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They are separate stores, but I'm sure some developers will go ahead and port iPhone apps for the mac.

7. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Yep, after watching the keynote today, I realized that the apps were actually Mac apps, not iOS apps.