- Jun 8, 2009
Were you planning to jump the ship to Android or WP7 when possible? Will iPhone 4.0 change your mind?
I'm on the fence again.
I have my Nexus One with me today (after it was boxed up and ready to be returned to google/htc). I'm going to see if materially miss my iPhone
While the OP's intent seemed to indicate that OS4 was enough to keep me, I on the other hand re-embraced Android because of OS4.
- The UI change to allow multitasking is a bit kludgie (the screen scrolls up and is limited to 4 apps).
- The notification system is unchanged.
- iAds are a horrible idea
- Game center is great for some gamers - I'm not one of them
- iBooks - not sure how useful it will be on such a small screen
- Enterprise - not sure I want further rules/restrictions being imposed on my iPhone (read MY iphone that I bought)
- Folders is a plus - nice to be able to organize those panels
- Enhanced mail is another plus. Compared to the google email app, apple's is excellent and only got better