Will iPhone OS 4.0 change your plan to jump the ship?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolwater, Apr 8, 2010.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Were you planning to jump the ship to Android or WP7 when possible? Will iPhone 4.0 change your mind?

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Eh, I've spent too much money on apps. I'm locked in.

Then again, I'm also happy, so.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

For the most part, I'm very content with my iPhone and everything it does. It has it's downfalls, but so does every other phone. Whenever I feel like I want a change, I play with my friend's other smart phones and realize that none of them are anywhere near as responsive or fast as my iPhone. Just my two cents.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I'm staying. Was all set to go to ANdroid but they've answered my only remaining complaint: Multi-tasking and its good to know i don't have to upgrade my hardware unless i absolutely want to. Everything else was pretty much answered in OS 3.0. So yeah i'm good.

I was hoping for some more UI sprucing though but oh well...

6. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Depends on the hardware. If it's the same screen resolution, screen size, camera resolution, and RAM, then I'll still consider Android. HTC supersonic looks extremely tempting.

7. germanjulian macrumors regular

I was looking at android but from what I hear most people go back to their iphone when they migrated even after using android for a while.
    With OS4 and a new hopefully must better phone in summer I will def. stay.

8. Mr dj mo macrumors member

Agreed, I'll also wait for a hardware update before i make my decision.

Not really sold on OS 4 by itself.

9. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Funny the opposite is true for me. After today's announcement, I am beginning to entertain the idea of an android phone.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm on the fence again.

I have my Nexus One with me today (after it was boxed up and ready to be returned to google/htc). I'm going to see if materially miss my iPhone

While the OP's intent seemed to indicate that OS4 was enough to keep me, I on the other hand re-embraced Android because of OS4.

1. The UI change to allow multitasking is a bit kludgie (the screen scrolls up and is limited to 4 apps).
    2. The notification system is unchanged.
    3. iAds are a horrible idea
    4. Game center is great for some gamers - I'm not one of them
    5. iBooks - not sure how useful it will be on such a small screen
    6. Enterprise - not sure I want further rules/restrictions being imposed on my iPhone (read MY iphone that I bought)
    7. Folders is a plus - nice to be able to organize those panels
    8. Enhanced mail is another plus. Compared to the google email app, apple's is excellent and only got better

11. cyclone84 macrumors regular

Not true. You can swipe left and right to see more than 4 apps: Link

12. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

I was never planning on switching but this just confirms to me that I will be here a long time. The only missing piece for me still is notifications. They fixed half of the issue with local notifications but the organization could be better. The implementation of multitasking is so much better than anyone else's I can deal with the notification issues.

13. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

1. It's not really limited to 4 apps, you can swipe to see more. Plus whenever you use an app that one will be first in the queue so you can use your most recent apps quickly.
    2. Fair enough.
    3. It's the same system we have now except with better ads. They're better looking and they don't do anything unless you click on them. And they don't take you out of the app like the ads we have now.
    4. You don't have to use it
    5. You don't have to use it.
    6. Those are meant to make your iPhone safer if you use your iPhone for business. Most likely you won't even notice them.
    7. Folders are nice.
    8. I agree.

14. Sean006 macrumors 6502

im actually leaning away from it after the 4.0 upgrades were released yesterday...

thinking about going back to a BB ....notifications,notification light, instant info on the home screen,font size,sms tones,battery, schedule timed off & on....etc...

ill wait it out to see what the new hardware brings...there may be all these things on the new iphone, it may have not been important for steve to announce...:apple: