Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shuya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
My first thread! How are you guys doing?

Firstly, the iPhone looks amazing, can't wait for its release.

Do you think the iPhone will be able to store any data?

For me its not a requirement to open this data, such as artwork(Adobe Creative Suite files) and documentation on the phone, but additionally use, besides music, the 4 or 8Gb for data storing, rather than e.g. an USB stick.

Anyway, looking forward to your thoughts!

Shuya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
why would/should be that of concern?

I haven't read/heard anything that all data formats can be stored in the iPhone

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
why would/should be that of concern?

I haven't read/heard anything that all data formats can be stored in the iPhone

the question is not whether the iphone can read certain data formats but rather if it can be used as a hard disk, to transport files. i think that would be very likely, as it is possible with all ipods.

what would be amazing is if files could be transfered by wifi/bluetooth to computers, perhaps by creating an ad-hoc network, or joining an existing one.

what do you think?

lellis2k

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
personally I think they won't allow it, but 3rd party mac/windows apps will be released that unlock the usage of the HDD.

Then a few years later I think individual apps will gain the ability to store files using itunes to drag & drop, then sync across, but that's just a guess.;)

enoC

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Denmark
personally I think they won't allow it, but 3rd party mac/windows apps will be released that unlock the usage of the HDD.

Then a few years later I think individual apps will gain the ability to store files using itunes to drag & drop, then sync across, but that's just a guess.;)

The thread is 4 years old. Let it die....

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA

This thread isn't even about the iPhone 5. It's about the original iPhone...

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I got so confused when I started reading this thread. I was like "how is it that they've never seen this in the many years the iPhone has been out?" Then I checked the time stamps for the posts and it all clicked.

The thread is 4 years old. Let it die....

Agreed (although I don't think I am helping by posting this, therefore bumping the thread back up :D)

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
Not only will it support data, I heard that next year, Apple is going to release an iPhone on the 3G network. Imagine the download speeds. It will be helpful because I also hear they will include a way of updating apps on your phone, even purchasing them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.