will iphone sync online with outlook?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alainr, Apr 4, 2009.

1. alainr macrumors regular

I need to sync my calendar on my windows cpu, my secretary's cpu and my phone. if my secretary enters an event on the calendar program on her cpu, i need to be able to see it on my phone.
    our verizon contract is up and i don't know whether to get a blackberry or iphone.
    my windows guru told me that only the blackberry will sync wirelessly with the 2 networked windows computers. is that true?
    can the iphone do the same thing? do i need to change from outlook to google calendar?
    if i use the google calendar, i can't view it if i have no phone service--right?
    thanks!

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Based only on what you have stated...you and your secretary are using Outlook wrong. She should have access to your calender so that she can post appts/schedules. If you do not want her to have access to your calender then she can put the appts/schedules on her calender and then forward them to yours. With this mode they would be joined and if she updates on hers it will ask her does she want to notify all other recipients.

Regardless of which method you use, you can then sync your iPhone to your calender or you can use Google and you can use Google Calender Sync to sync the Google Calender to your Outlook Calender.

You could also gain access to your Secretary's Calender and it will show on your computer and then sync both to your iPhone but why you would want additional calenders is beyond me. The secretary should be using yours.

If you need additional help just PM me.