Will iPhoto get updated soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Karvel, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Karvel macrumors regular

Will there be a new update to iPhoto (and iMovie etc.) coming this month? I think it was August last year that we got the little mine-keynote with the iMac and iLife launched. Certainly for me the introduction of "Events" dramatically increased the usability of the product. (Now if only they'd allow you to import to an already-existing event upon import, instead of having to merge after...)

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Probably not, it seems like they are more on an update cycle of every 18 months-2 years. So I wouldn't expect an update until next year.

4. iMacmatician macrumors 601

It's possible, although the lack of rumors suggests that iLife won't be updated next month with the Macs. But I don't think there were many rumors about iLife last year (besides "will be coming") anyway.

The most likely single date now seems to be MWSF 2009.

Yes I want that. And also nested Events.

5. Karvel thread starter macrumors regular

Damn I thought August was gonna be the new time-to-update-iLife, seeing as it was January up until last time! Meh I thought the wait for the previous version was aages! Ahh well. :)

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

iLife will likely be updated at MacWorld, in January.

TEG

7. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

8. akm3 macrumors 68020

wrong

9. pe34sab macrumors newbie

I recently purchased my iMac and am still learning how to use it. iPhoto, imo is not as easy to manage as a windows based program. Before I got my iMac I was using AcDsee in my PC to manage, edit and print photos. iPhoto is good and after some time I'm sure that everything will be fine. It's the dreaded blank picture with the exclamation point that's making me scratch my head.