Will it be impossible for me to buy an iPad this week???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iBighouse, Mar 19, 2012.

1. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

No...this isn't a post about stock availability!

I'm going to go into my local Apple store this week and buy a 64GB LTE model in black, along with a black leather smart cover and maybe even an ATV...but...I'm really wondering what percentage of units have "less than ideal" quality control issues? Based on what users are commenting on here in macforums, I'm going to look carefully at the unit and examine it for:

1. Dead pixels...if I see any signs of dead pixels I will reject it.
    2. Yellowish Display...anything that looks yellow/pink or color shifty gets rejected.
    3. Exposed LED array areas at top or bottom in portrait mode when viewed from acute angles...I'll be checking for this oddity too.
    4. Gouges/scratches on back of aluminum case...ick.
    5. Tooling marks left on the device's edges from improperly used tools during assembly...ick again.

I think that should cover it...but what I'm afraid of is that there aren't any such defect-free units out there!

When buying an iPad do they let you turn it on and let you handle and carefully examine it before buying it...or do you have to pay for it first, then "return/exchange" it right there at that time?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

It should be readily available. If there's an issue, return/exchange it. I'm sure it'll be fine. Reports of widespread issues are blown out of porportion.

Enjoy the new iPad. :)

3. NashMan2 macrumors regular

My new iPad was delivered Friday, with no issues.

Walked into the Nashville Apple store Saturday morning just befer 10:00, they opend early. No crowd, bought a new cover and was out in 5 minutes.

I doubt there will be a problem.

4. ejisfun macrumors regular

I went to target yesterday and they at least three of all the iPad models except for Verizon ones. Buy one, if it has a defect, exchange it.

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I was at best buy yesterday afternoon and they had about 20 wifi and 20 4g still

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

the Apple store (Oak Brook, IL) on Saturday had them all