Will it be in retail stores today?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JHorstmann, Jul 27, 2010.

1. JHorstmann macrumors member

If I drive (it's about an hour drive) Will the new iMac's be in retail stores today? Also, will be I be able to upgrade the RAM there or should I just do it all online?

2. srw985 macrumors newbie

They won't have custom configured machines in store

3. davidnssbm macrumors regular

4. JHorstmann thread starter macrumors member

So, I can't upgrade it there? I thought you were supposed to be able to do all upgrades in the store?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can upgrade RAM in the Store, but it is cheaper to do it yourself.

6. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

If you do buy one (do it in store and check for yellow tinge [just to be safe]), can you post some pics and a review? BTW: Which one are you getting?

7. Rudy69 macrumors 6502a

Rudy69

What I need to know is if there's going to be any 27" i7 in store in Montreal....

8. JHorstmann thread starter macrumors member

final question

Will it be in stock at to store? I'm not asking you to speculate if they'll be sold out- I'm just asking if stores will have them in stock today or if they start shipping today to the stores and wont have any in stock?

9. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

Simple answer - Ring and Ask for the model that you want, and if you want to buy it then ask them to reserve it for you.

10. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

I agree. Phone the Apple store in your region. If the buyer is serious about buying the product, ask the store Rep to "hold it" for you. Many stores in my area will "hold a box" for max 2 hours. Especially when it takes me 1 hour to drive to that location as well. If not sold to me within 2 hours, its "unreserved" and sold to a different person after that time. Works for me as well...

11. JHorstmann thread starter macrumors member

Nope.

Made a call to all the Apple Stores in the area- all said the same thing that they wont have the shipment of iMac's in until probably August. So I ordered online, got my student discount, and am now a proud order of a 21.5 in. iMac with upgraded processor and ram. Today is a good day.