Will it be possible to jailbreak a 3.1.3 3th gen when 4.0 is out?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by DaMob, Apr 10, 2010.

1. DaMob macrumors member

I think my question is obvious :)

I've tried many things, but nothing is able to jailbreak my 3th gen iPod Touch and I really want to get more out of the device, so any news on this?

Thanks!

2. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

From what it looks like, an iPad jailbreak should be out soon, which has been said to jailbreak all models of iPhone and iPod Touch with 3.1.3 as well.

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'll believe it when I see it.

4. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

this is unbearable. after using a jailbroken iphone, my unbroken 3g 64gb ipod touch seems so lame.

5. breathesrain macrumors regular

There's a jailbreak out for the dev version of 4.0 already, according to engadget. If nothing else, you'll be able to upgrade the iPod and jailbreak it then. They might release a jailbreak for the older version, too- it says on the devteam blog that they're waiting on demonstrating any other exploits until 4.0 is released.

6. bobbieee macrumors newbie

its called spirit

spiritjb.com

7. Danielcg macrumors newbie

hes right I used spirit to jailbreak my 8gb 3rd gen ipod touch 3.1.3 MC

how will I jailbreak my soon to be 3rd Gen iPod Touch 8GB MC running 4.0?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

8. Danielcg macrumors newbie

Spirit

Go to www.spiritjb.com and download it it jailbreaks any device :D I jailbroke my ipod :apple: with it :D

9. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

10. bobbieee macrumors newbie

honestly i dont think its worth upgrading to firmware 4.0 because all that apple is really doing is adding some more features that us with jailbroken devices have had for a while like backrouds (themes) multitasking (backrounder+proswitcher) and they are also adding adds into paid adds lol im going to keep my jailbroken ipod on 3.1.3

11. mrhappyface2010 macrumors newbie

mrhappyface2010

10 seconds to jailbreak for me and I will never regret it, use Spirit its fast as. :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:;););););)