Will It Be Possible to Send Doodles, Heartbeats Between Watch and Phone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by donster28, Apr 10, 2015.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

I know you can only send drawings, heartbeats, etc. to fellow watch owners right now, but do you think Apple or a third party developer will come up with an app that allows the watch and the phone to communicate this same way?

I wish I can afford to buy my girl another watch but as it is, I'm just hopeful that an app will be available on the iPhone to take advantage of these features. I mean, it's not impossible...they both have touch screens anyway.

2. biosci macrumors 6502a

I was sort of wondering this too. Maybe convert it to a set string of emojis or a text phrase like iMessage shortcuts. For example [heartbeat] = or depending on what you choose for your shortcut.

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess that's what developers will end up doing. :)

4. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Doodles maybe; heartbeat definitely not since the phone doesn't have a heart rate sensor.

5. cmichaelb, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Wasn't that covered in the September unveiling? I believe it sends it as a static image to the phone.

6. MojoRisinSD macrumors regular

I am hoping they add the ability to draw pictures and send taps from the iPhone. My wife doesn't want a Watch, but it would be great if she could tap my wrist from her phone to get my attention. I would think those 2 features would be pretty easy to incorporate into the iOS software.

7. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Digital touch is very much not an "apple watch-only" feature. If the next iPhone includes force touch and haptic engine (all rumors point to this as the case), then there wouldn't be any technical or hardware limitations theoretically. But we shall see! :apple:

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

That might be a feature that will turn up in iOS 9. Either in the Watch App or support in Messages (I love the idea of it being supported in Messages and maybe even us being able to keep them like we can with audio and video messages)

9. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I was watching the original keynote Watch section for something else and when Kevin was talking about the emoji he clearly says 'Jony can receive that on his watch or iPhone' which sounds like yes the animations will be received.

10. APPLE-FANATIC macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

I was thinking the same thing. iOS 9 update then more prevalent with the iPhone 6S/6S Plus ;)