Will iTunes Overwrite My Saved Games???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MasterYong, Aug 16, 2010.

1. MasterYong macrumors newbie

Quick question- I looked online but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I have an iPhone. When I got the iPhone, my girlfriend started using my iPod Touch (which I clearly no longer needed).

We have some of the same apps on each device. "Her" device (the iPod Touch) is synced to my iTunes library and my iTunes Account. I would like to sync the iPod Touch again to my iTunes library so that my girlfriend can access more of the apps I've purchased, as well as music we share on the library.

I'm concerned that syncing the iPod Touch to my music library will "update" her game saves on the device and replace them with mine.

Does iTunes sync app data? I know it syncs apps, but does it sync the saved games?

Example: my girlfriend is working on Plants Vs Zombies on the iPod Touch. I've long since beaten everything there is to do on PvZ on my iPhone. My iPhone is the most recently synced device to my iTunes Library. If I sync the iPod Touch, will it overwrite my girlfriend's PvZ save with mine?

Thanks!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

App data and game saves are contained in the backup, only. They’re not synced.

3. MasterYong thread starter macrumors newbie

NICE.

Anyone else want to confirm for me? No offense aggie- I'd just like to hear it from a few perspectives before I act on your info.

Thanks!