Will iTunes recognise iOS 4 if I'm already running iOS 4 GM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cardiiiii, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Cardiiiii macrumors member

Hi,

I've been using iTunes 9.2 Beta and iOS 4 GM for a while now. When iTunes 9.2 was officially released, Software Update did not pick it up because I was already running the 9.2 Beta. Will the same apply to when iOS4 is released tonight since I'm running the GM version now? If so, will the .ipsw file be available separately so that I can perform a restore like I did to install the GM version?

Thank you for your comments.

2. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I wondered this... I didnt want to have to do a restore. If you hit restore, it will just restore from whatever the current legit OS is out, but I'd like to be able to just "check for update"

3. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

4. batchtaster macrumors 65816

If you didn't know, you shouldn't have installed it.

It was for developers, not average schmos.

Damn tourists...

5. fuzion macrumors 6502

If the build in the public release is different then in theory it would appear as a new version.. I think mine worked fine on 3.0 but it's been a while so I don't recall 100%

6. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

There always has to be some self-righteous jerk belittling everyone. I am a developer, thanks. I still don't know how iTunes will react to the new OS.

7. ryanvalle macrumors member

why would you need to get the version released tomorrow? the one you have is the gold master, meaning its the one that's being released, except this one is for the general public and probably wont require to do a full restore...

8. Cardiiiii thread starter macrumors member

I've read many comments that says the GM was snappy when first installed and then got sluggish over time. I feel the same. So I'm hoping the official release stays snappy. And there are a couple of bugs when trying to type in landscape with 3rd party apps, the spacebar goes missing for some reason and it doesn't fill the whole bottom screen like it used to, instead there's a white block to the right of the keyboard.