General Will Jailbreaking achieve this?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by davyvfr, Apr 11, 2013.

1. davyvfr macrumors regular

Hello,

So I have an iPad 3 and iPhone 5 but have not plans of jailbreaking just yet as the devices I have still do what I need it to. However, I wondered down the road if jailbreaking would give me this possibility, legally installing previous versions of paid apps.

In other words, apps like 1Password don't work on iPad 1 anymore. Lets say I purchased it on the App Store, had to restore my iPad but didn't back it up. Would jailbreaking allow me to install a previous version of an app? Apple only supports latest versions of apps on the App Store.

Lastly, a random question about jailbreaking. How can you improve Wifi performance by jailbreaking?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can install older apps if you have them or you can find them online somehow once JB.
    And no you cant improve wifi by JB.

3. davyvfr thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply.

One last question, would my paid apps that I purchased still work with jailbreaking (Pages, Keynote, ect.)? And what guide should I follow for jailbreaking 6.1.2?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, all your paid apps will work fine.
    Download Evasi0n and then run it and follow the on screen instructions.
    http://evasi0n.com/

5. davyvfr thread starter macrumors regular

Great, Thank you so much for your replies Applejuiced.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Just a correction, using your example of 1Password: If you legally purchased it, and neither Apple nor the developer has pulled it from the store, you CAN still download it in iTunes without having to jailbreak. On your iPad, go to the app store, click on Purchased, then type 1Password Pro in the search box.It's there--I just redownloaded it two or three days ago when I wiped & restored my own iPad 1 to JB it on 5.1.1.

Same thing with the iPhone 5--it's in Purchased, and Apple doesn't stop you from loading it onto an iOS 6 device. I just tried it, no problem.

There are certainly plenty of cases where you might want to roll back to an earlier version of an app, and plenty of reasons to jailbreak, don't get me wrong. :D But there's no point to going to a lot of trouble "finding" a copy to restore a legitimate purchase when you can still download it in about a minute from the App Store.

7. davyvfr thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, just tried it on an old iPhone and it worked just fine.

8. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, 1password pro and 1password (old versions) are still in your previous purchases, you just can't search and find it in the actual App Store.

And I think quite a few people have bought the new version not knowing you could redownload your previous purchases, which sucks because the new version is not exactly a cheap .99 cent app!

9. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

It's a must have non-cydia app. It used to be cheap but now it's like $20. If my phone is stolen, it will be impossible for a crook to get my credit card number.

10. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

I agree it's a must have, but I'd still rather redownload a previous purchase than purchase a new app if it's possible.

But if that's not possible, of course I would pay for it again. It's the best password manager I have found on the App Store.