iPad Will Jailbreaking iPad do Bad Things?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrcowdude20, Feb 11, 2013.

?

Will It Be Slowed?

1. Yes, it will slow down your device.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it will not slow down your device.

25.0%
  3. It will only slow down your device depending on how many modifications are installed.

75.0%
  4. It will slow down your device a little, but not a lot.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Hi Everyone,
    I am interested in jailbreaking my iPad 2. It is the 16 GB, wiFi and 3G model. I was wondering if jailbreaking it would slow it down. I am planning to run Winterboard with three themes, and Display Recorder. Probably a few other tweaks will also be installed over time. The main question is: Will jailbreaking and installing a few tweaks slow down my iPad 2?

Thanks to everyone!

PS: Does anyone have an iPad 2 jailbroken? If so, post below if it has gotten slower. Thanks again!

-mrcowdude20

2. mb200k macrumors newbie

It's ok to jailbreak, i have jailbroken all my ios devices and even an old ipad 1 doesnt seem to get slower than it already was. You can safely run tweaks on your ipad without fear of bad things, and even if everything goes wrong you can easily get it back to normal with a restore. Good luck!

3. TomH TX, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

TomH TX macrumors regular

I have jb'd both an ip2 and an ip3. I do not use "themes", but am running multiple other tweaks/apps, with no problems, or degradation of performance. Try it, and enjoy. If it does not work out, you can go back to stock. However, I should add the caveat that it is technically illegal, per the US copyright office.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Worst thing that can happen is that you will be forced to restore your iPad.

5. mon999 macrumors newbie

some themes might slow it down a bit. if that happens, just uninstall the theme.
    plus do not install a lot of tweaks that you don't really need. that also might slow it down.

as they said, u can always restore the firmware and restore your backup in no more than 10 min if anything goes wrong, so give it a shot. you won't regret it.