Will JB only if it plays HBO Go tv out

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by i-sidd, Sep 4, 2011.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

I want to know if I Jailbreak will I be able to plug my ipad 2 to the hdmi adapter and hook it up to the tv and be able to watch hbogo. Right now I only get audio and the HBO go logo on the tv screen.

if this can be done what app will I have to buy?

2. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Since no one replied, should I assume that this cannot be done?

3. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

since hbogo is a supported app in the store, i don't know why you think a JB is needed to fix your issue.

have you posted in a non-hack section of the forum to ask for help as to why you're not seeing the video?

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

From what I understand the HBO Go app purposely disables TV-out. So it sounds like he's asking for a hack that will get around this restriction.

5. falstaffpac macrumors member

falstaffpac

Yes, a jailbreak will allow you to do this. I recommend TVOut2Tuner.

6. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think thats what I am looking for. I know some people have had luck launching the app and then pluging out the adapter and plugging it back in and starting the app again and it worked for them. But I tried all that and it does not work for me. I have 3 days left before the 14 day return period ends. So I don't know if I should keep the adapter or return it, if it will not work for the HBO app.

7. jnastasio macrumors newbie

yeah, if you jailbreak your ipad you can watch HBOGO on your tv... Use displayout, purchase it at the cydia store