Will Kindle stay on iPad for long?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vistadude, Mar 5, 2011.

1. vistadude macrumors 65816

Just curious, do you think Amazon will pull the kindle app because of the 30% Apple fee? I'm trying to decide between buying a kindle or iPad...

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

highly doubt it. of course no one knows for sure.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Simply download the kindle App before it's pulled (if it's pulled).

Once you've downloaded / purchased an Apo it's yours. Even if it's pulled by Apple later.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I doubt it. Worst case scenario is the app is just a reader without the book-buying function. I wouldn't blame Amazon for taking the purchases away because the 30 percent fee for what's basically credit card transactions is a joke.

5. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

While this is true, I think the OP is concerned about being able to buy books in the future and still have Amazon sync with it, etc.

Obviously we don't know if this will happen or not but I believe it won't. Everyone I know that has an iPad also uses the Kindle App over iBooks and I'm pretty sure Amazon would clearly lose a TON of revenue but cutting off this food chain... just my 2 cents.

6. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I don't think Amazon has to give Apple anything do they? I could be wrong, but you don't buy books through in app purchases, and the app is free. You simply go to amazon.com, buy the book, then sync it with your iPad.

7. vistadude thread starter macrumors 65816

Right, it works fine now on the ipad and iphone, but I read that apple wasn't enforcing all of their rules in the past, but now they are, for example another reader app, I think the sony reader app got rejected because it didn't offer in app purchasing and subscriptions through apple.

So amazon might be forced to soon raise their prices, or possibly, they may decide to pull their kindle app from iOS devices.