Will Leopard also support iLife '06

Discussion in 'macOS' started by willybNL, Aug 7, 2007.

1. willybNL macrumors 6502

I just started to wonder: will my beloved iLife '06 still work in leopard?

I don't want to buy the upgrade to '08 because the only application that really has advantages for me is iPhoto as I can't (really) use iWeb without .mac, iMovie is less advanced as Final Cut (which I owe) and garageband is like the unopend app on my system.

If it will work (I do hope so because I really need iDVD for Final Cut): How will I install iLife '06 in leopard as it's on my OS X install CD.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

of course it will.

but i just had to say: you can use iWeb without .Mac without a problem.

3. willybNL thread starter macrumors 6502

Try things like 'slideshow': they will not work! iWeb warns while saving to a folder too!

--

How can I install it? Can anybody with the beta confirm this??

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I have had a few problems using iLife06' with Leopard.Thats about all I can say without breaking my NDA.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

No, you have not. You may have trouble with developmental versions of Leopard, but your trouble should be considered to be bugs rather than incompatibilities.

6. Spelunker1 macrumors newbie

Leopard with new ilife and iworks?

The new ilife and iworks came out today and i am already whipping out my vredit card to purchase them, but before i do i was wondering since leopard will hopefully come out soon and those of us running os x would like to upgrade would the 2 new progs' be included or would they still have to be upgraded? :confused:

7. Stadsport macrumors regular

Great job telling a (supposed) developer how to judge software you're not authorized to see.

That said, there have been some issues in 9A466 and 9A499.

8. willybNL thread starter macrumors 6502

Hhahaha... I thought the same thing... if the guy has problems, he has them.. :)

Of course, beta's could be somewhat buggy. But at least it works.
    Thanx. I'll wait for leopard to come and just hope they solve those little bugs (so it doesn't look like vista :p:p). :).

9. kostia macrumors regular

iLife comes with new Macs. It does not come with, and is not part of, new operating systems. Upgrading to Leopard will not replace, remove, or otherwise affect your installed iLife programs.

Edited to add: Same with iWork, except iWork doesn't come with new Macs. Neither package is part of the actual operating system and both are sold separately.

10. Virtualball macrumors 6502

I can confirm iWork '08 works on Leo. A little slow but write that off to 512 MB RAM :p