Will Leopard come with iLife 07?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mac-Addict, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Will Leopard come with iLife? I know no one knows apart from the people at Apple but do OS Updates usually come with iLife installed?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

3. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

Nah. that's how microsoft gets in trouble for unfair competition.

Apple has the loophole... they sell you the machine with the software bundle, not the OS with the software included.

4. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Ugh damnit now the little voice in my head will be chanting buy Leopard, iLife 07, an iPhone, Apple TV and iWork! Damn you voices!

5. jonnos macrumors regular

hmm.. i was thinking of waiting till leopard comes out to purchase my new mbp so ilife will also be preinstalled and save me some money. how useful is ilife? will i be using it much since im a designer myself? or its pretty much only for the people that cant edit and create videos, pictures etc. too well or dont know how to use professional software?

6. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

The only thing I use iLife for is iMovie but not much and of course iTunes but thats like free :D

But still the voices keep on telling me to buy it when Leopard comes out.

7. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

hmmm, I thought those voices were in my head, but maybe they are being broadcast submliminally through iTunes:D ...along with our personal data!:eek:

You know- you do have to live up to your name- Mac-Addict!!!:apple: :D

8. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Apple are tinkering with the idea of bundling iLife and/or iWork with the OS. This was a report which came out a few months ago.

Personally I think it would make sense, especially if iWork/iLife are dependent on Leopard features (which they in all likelihood will be otherwise we may have seen upgrades by now).

So I wouldn't rule it out.

If it is the case though, don't expect to pay for Leopard what you paid for the Tiger upgrade.

9. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Ahh every 3 seconds a secret little voice from iTunes bought music says in a very low tone "Buy apple products" over and over.

10. macfriend1 macrumors regular

Hi,

I've a pretty dumb question conerning the update from OS X to LEO.

Soon, after WWDC probably, I'm gonna buy a brand new macbook. I'm a computer/windows user so I would need some advice from you guys.
    The thing is:
    LEO might not come for WWDC so I'm pretty pissed off. There was a macbook upgrade recentely and I'm afraid there's none after WWDC. Which means I should buy this book just after WWDC but, as you know, probably with OS X.

Can I update from OS X to LEO without any problems? Means, is this a major update whereas datas from the HD get lost?

thanks.

11. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

To start off with....

Leopard is still OSX, its just the next installment the next .somthing in this case 10.5

You will have no proablem upgrading, there has never been a case were you have to whipe your HD to install a mac os, who do you think we are,
    M$?

12. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Very useful for its price.

However, if you happen to have Final Cut Studio, Aperture and Logic, there's nothing but iWeb for you — iTunes is free anyway.

That said; not many have all Apple pro apps, and pro's are not interested in iLife to begin with ;) So, for consumers, it's great.