Will Leopard Raise the Price of MacBooks?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tumeg101, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

Will Apple raise the price of the macbooks when leopard is released? I doubt anybody knows for sure, so maybe some discussion would help....

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

It hasn't in the past. One day they have Tiger, the next day they will have Leopard.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

No, only if they release some large hardware update at the same time, but even then they usually leave the price the same.

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I highly doubt it, Tiger costs $129 and Leopard will cost $129, I don't see where there is room to raise the price of any Mac if the software costs exactly the same amount.

5. acslater017 macrumors 6502a

to my knowledge, Apple has never raised the price of hardware with the launch of a new OS version.

I might be wrong, but I think Apple hardly ever raises the prices at all! They usually do price drops or add better features for the same price...At least when it comes to iBooks/MacBooks...

6. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I highly doubt that one. I kind of think there may be a price drop on the macbooks in the next 3-6 months. The iBooks and ppc mac minis were a little cheaper before, and I think that alot of the intel development money has been recouped, and if the rumors are true about dropping the mac mini and 17" iMac are true, then a small price drop very well could be in order. What better way to up the value around the release of leopard?

7. Penryn macrumors member

Penryn