Will Leopard's Mail.app support specifying IMAP folder subscriptions?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by supz, Jun 14, 2007.

1. supz macrumors newbie

Has anyone heard any leaks about Mail.app in Leopard supporting the ability for users to specify which folders they want to subscribe to, on an IMAP account?

This is different from the current functionality, where you specify an IMAP account, and Mail goes and grabs every single file and folder, mbox and non-mbox, which doesn't make any sense at all. I would gladly switch over to Mail if they fixed this one blaring blemish.

2. stet macrumors newbie

bump!

i've been trying to find this out for myself.

apparently there's a perl script to do this, but i'd like to know if there's an official way to locally store/sync headers only for specified folders.

3. supz thread starter macrumors newbie

Leopard does have the option to subscribe to specific folders... the problem is that it doesn't work. If you bring up a list of your folders, by right clicking a mail box and hitting get account info, it shows the list, but once it's finished downloading that list, it greys out all the available buttons, so you effectively have no ability to change it. Go, Apple!

4. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

It works fine for me. Though it may only give you the ability to unsubscribe from non-email folders (i.e. public folders). I haven't experimented too much.

EDIT: This may only apply to Exchange.