Will linking 2 sites with same phone number destroy my ranking in Google?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Dal123, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I'm about to start designing another website (Can't claim too much credit as couldn't have done it without some excellent people on this forum) Despite me having 0 pagerank I'm not doing too bad on google. I am currently listed on page 6.
    I'm at the hardest part of trying to get my first few jobs for my construction firm (linked in signature) Now I'm currently working self-employed for a big construction firm, and I can't display my graphics of my construction firm on my motorcycle/ car as they will be :mad:.
    So I thought aha; I recently bought a Roland GX24 http://www.signmaster.co.uk/Cutters_Plotters/Rowland-CAMM-1-GX-24/index.html and maybe I should design a website for that also, and I could park my motorcycle at job where a few thousand people walk past everyday and I never know I could make a few signs at the weekend.
    But if I list my phone numbers (same office numbers) in both websites, then will that punish my SEO?:eek:

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I don't think so. Though I recommend setting up another number for tracking purposes (so you can see where your customers are coming from).

What punishes your SEO more is your title tag just being "Formwork".

What keywords are you targeting?

Also, what is preciseformwork.com? That's in your sig and is going to a parked page.

3. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks 7on.
    preciseformwork.com is for me to create another webiste of preciseformwork, with different pics etc. .co.uk is targeted around rc staircases. .com will be targeted to rc structures.
    I researched and various articles I read told me not to put too many keywords in titles. Just the most relevant. The page is structured as much as I could with various keywords that I wanted in headers and links etc.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

No. It will have absolutely zero effect.