will Mac Mini fans give up if no revision at Macworld

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by bigjnyc, Jan 2, 2009.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I really do hope they release a new Mac mini at macworld, it seems that people are suffering for this thing. this segment of apple fans are like chicago cubs fans i'm starting to feel sorry for them. so i hope Apple really comes through for you guys because all the crying and whining about the lack of a Mac Mini update is getting quite annoying. But if they dont will you guys finally admit defeat and give up? I dont know if the forum can take another year of 10 million threads whining and crying and pleading to apple to update the Mini.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

So you made a thread to complain about people complaining :rolleyes:

But I wouldn't give up....Apple said their have the Mini on their radar still, so I'm expecting something to either take its place or it get an update

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uh... no? The Mac Mini would become a niche like the the Newton/eMate crowd. People would love them, mod them, and figure out uses for them that absolutely no one would have thought of otherwise (there are already Mac Minis being used as media centers... in vehicle dashboards.

4. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

neva!

If Jobs dies / retires and they still don't put out a new mini within a year, then I'll give up.

5. K3mp macrumors 6502

And hold them in the air as silent protest at MacWorld.;) But seriously even though as of now they dont make good primary computers for some people now, they have a good sized modding/in car use community.

6. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

yes i made a thread as in one, to complain about thousands.

well hopefully good old Steve Jesus will come through with the update and it will be a moot point. then we'll just have to read about its lack of firewire :rolleyes:

7. darklighter macrumors member

If they don't update the mac mini in Macworld, I think it's safe to say it will be discontinued.

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

haha, the uproar will still be terrible!

These boards will always find something to complain about...hopefully Apple can minimize that this Macworld

9. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

10. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

sigh... I was really hoping for a new mini to drive down the prices of the old ones to a reasonable level.

11. timestoby macrumors 6502

im sure they will still update the mini.at a further date.you heard it here first lol

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I'm not giving up. Plus my old Mini still works great - better then any of the dHell crap that I fix at work all the time... :eek:

13. TrapOx macrumors 6502

I've given up. Will we have to wait until the mini is two years old before it even sees a speed bump???????

14. children macrumors regular

id rather buy a refurb 20in imac instead of waiting for the mac mini.. the 20inchers are pretty cheap nowdays (about $1300au)

15. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I really thought this was it lol. But seriously though it will probably get a silent update soon, I just thought that with something that hasnt been updated in 2 years it would be big news and they would have announced it at macworld. I wonder how supply of the old mac mini is doing in stores.

16. Akitakoi macrumors regular

Akitakoi

Well I guess I'm gonna have to build my own mac mini apple / home server.

I wonder if I could install OSX on a "homemade" computer?;)

17. Bupkus macrumors newbie

I have my Mini 1.83 set up to my LG 42". I have my iTunes library streaming off my NAS server and use Plex instead of FrontRow for movies. I get the full resolution on my screen, all my movies, music and photos play and show perfectly and it all runs from a Logitech remote and Apple wireless keyboard and mouse.

While I was curious about a new Mini, in reality I have no use for one.