Will macbook enter netbook market?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knucles, Jan 16, 2010.

1. knucles macrumors regular

In the las few revision the macbook is getting thinner, lighter and cheaper. It will be the apple's answer to the netbook market.

I can imagine a 1,86ghz, 120gb disk, 2gb ram, with no superdrive being sold for 600$ don't you?

i am in the market for a netbook but i don't want a pc even if i have to pay a prize for a mac and this is a gap in the mac line, right now i'll wait for a uni white macbook revision and to buy the actual one refurb, but as i think this way many will to. i bought my refurb macbook pro for 1500$ filling another mac line gap, it's my thing......but none the less i would be smart of apple none the less

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's called the Macbook Air. The Macbook is not a netbook, it is a low-end notebook.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I believe Apple has continually said that they are not interested in entering the low-end computer market. Also, the netbook craze seems to have dwindled down a tad.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Won't happen the MacBook air is apples vision of what a netbook should be. The islate/tablet will clear up the rest hopefully

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

6. cmaier macrumors G3

7. knucles thread starter macrumors regular

i know that but it isn't a netbook if it costs 1500€ and have a 3hour battery

if you are going to do just some itunes and web browsing while you wait in a airport every once in a while you don't want to pay 1500 euros for a computer.

How it's going the macbook air revenue by the way?

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple is about building the best they can, profit and not market share,
    thus the price (btw you can get an MBA for less than 1500€, I've seen them for 1200€, which is still much of course).

Apple will not enter the netbook market with a usual netbook though, maybe that's what the rumoured tablet is all about.