will macbook go on sale?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wantamac12232, Nov 12, 2008.

1. wantamac12232 macrumors newbie

hi

does anyone know if the ALU macbook will go on sale b4 Xmas. I want it as my first laptop but my mom says its too much...

THX:apple:

2. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Are you a student? If so, you can get $50 off already, but if you're looking for more, you could wait for Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). I wouldn't be suprised to see Apple discount the new Alu Macbooks by $100 or even a little more, but don't expect much else. If you are looking for cheaper, wait til it hits refurbished.... but that won't be for another couple months, if not 6 months.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Apple will never put any of their products on "sale." That's just not their business model. They will "give you more for the same price." That's their philosophy. You WILL pay a premium for it, but if you buy it, more than likely you will think it's worth it. Those who don't, well, they don't buy it, but they still like to troll places like these and say it's not worth it.

But yeh, if you really want to save money and aren't too picky, wait for a refurbished. Otherwise, go for the whitebook at this point.

4. Bwilky macrumors regular

I don't think Apple will ever put items on sale. They might lower the prices on the latest MB once they stop selling the old whitebooks. That's still a ways away.

5. wantamac12232 thread starter macrumors newbie

WELL... im only 12.... the laptop costs 1299 ann i got 200 my parents were gonna buy me a 800 dollar pc.... is it worth it to spend the extra 200

6. D.M.S macrumors member

I hope they never stop selling it.alusucksium macbook look 'orrible

7. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

8. chill. macrumors 6502

listen to your parents they probably know best

if i were in your shoes, i'd really consider a desktop because it is a lot cheaper and i am not sure you need the mobility at 12 years old. you will probably be replacing the computer in another 3-4 years or so, which is when you'll be more likely to need portability

9. Gamoe macrumors regular

Buy from Amazon. They have the best prices on the MacBooks I've seen so far, including a $100 mail-in rebate.

You might want to check out the iMacs, though. They are cheaper and faster. Actually, the iMacs will probably be updated early next year, so might want to wait on that.

10. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Get and iMac or a refurb MB. You aren't going to get $300 off the machine.

11. youssefm macrumors 6502

well if you buy the 2.0 ghz model in store you actually get 100 dollars off w/ the education discount, then also keep in mind if you purchase from 3rd party sellers (macmall, amazon etc.) during black friday, u can get a good discount too

12. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Why don't you wait for Black Friday (day after TG)? Apple will have a gigantic sale on that day, so you'll probably be able to get pretty close to your budget. :cool:

13. whiskers macrumors newbie

(1) The 2.0Ghz Al MB gets you a $50 education discount.
    (2) The OP is 12, and I'm going out on a limb here guessing he's not enrolled in university.

I think last Black Friday Apple offered $100 off MBs & iMacs, and smaller discounts on most other products, instore & online.

This is probably your best shot, if you absolutely must get an MB. Just don't annoy your parents too much! If they disagree, just accept it. They control the money anyway.

14. freshgreenbeans macrumors newbie

Check BestBuy.com

I'm in the market for a new Macbook, too. I agree that an iMac would give you more bang for buck...but if you go with the laptop check BestBuy.com. They're having a pretty good pre-Thankgiving sale. Best prices I've seen, even with the Apple education discount.

15. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

i would get the macbook mate

Trust me its worth it

Great experience mate

Whatever you choose good luck

ML

16. rs7 macrumors regular

I'm not in college either...but I'm still a teenager and got the education discount...good thing my mom is a teacher :D

17. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

Funny thing... I didn't even show the AS guy any ID, and I'm not in Uni, yet I still got the discount. (No, i didn't ask for it, and I didn't buy online...)

18. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Best Buy has all their Apple computers on sale this week. :)