Will MacBooks Be Upgraded Too?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cpsmusic, Apr 15, 2010.

1. cpsmusic macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy a new Mac - either a MacBook (which I have now) or a MacBook Pro (13"). Now that the Pros have been upgraded with faster CPUs and GPUs, any thoughts on whether the MacBook will be upgraded too?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook

But there will be no i3/5/7 in them, because the Intel HD graphics are not as good as the 9400M or 320M.

WWDC might be a likely update time along with the iMacs and maybe the Mac Mini and Mac Pro.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

5. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

I could see the Macbooks getting a small CPU speed bump, HDD bump, and maby, maby, a graphics bump but not much if any. Seems like it's just a easy way to have a sub $1000 notebook for apple. It looks as if the 13" MBP is migrating towards that arena anyways, the 13 is a 'taste' of what the 15 is..

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

My feeling is they will continue as they are to ramp down supplies of the 9400m. When this ends, they will switch over. They may also want the 13" MBP to have an edge for a while so keeping the MB as it is. It will look like the low-end 13" MBP when it is revised in a few months.