Will MagSafe 2 damage my screen/main components of my MacBook Pro 13" (2013)?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EpicJackson5150, Jun 21, 2013.

  1. EpicJackson5150 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2013
    #1
    I accidentally brushed my MagSafe 2 over my screen and directly to the left of my keyboard. I felt a little resistance when I put it there on accident so I immediately picked it up. It was there for a very short time, but I was just wondering if this could have damaged the main components or the screen. I just want to be sure :)
     
  2. r0k macrumors 68040

    r0k

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    Location:
    Detroit
    #2
    I doubt having a magnet near a laptop screen for a few seconds can cause any sort of lasting damage. In the old days, having a magnet near a crt screen could produce some interesting light shows and sometimes produced lasting distortion. LCD and LED screens aren't vulnerable to this sort of damage.
     
  3. chaos86 macrumors 65816

    chaos86

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2003
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #3
    Your Macbook is held shut with very strong magnets around the screen.

    It'll be fine.
     
  4. madcran macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    #4
    Not that a magnet would do anything in the first place, but the magnet is not in the MagSafe adapter. The magnet is in the MagSafe port in the Mac.
     

Share This Page