will mba able to run Diablo III?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by auzzuro, Aug 2, 2011.

1. auzzuro macrumors regular

hi i am thinking of getting mba or mbp to run on diablo3. of course i would prefer getting mba cos of it weight,slim n light. but i am worry mba cant run diablo3 smoothly.so can mba run diablo3?

2. PaulDoFish macrumors regular

Diablo 3 isn't even close to being released yet. There are no known system requirements.

So the answer is, no one can answer your question. (Unless someone here works for Blizzard....)

But my guess is probably not. The MBA's HD3000 isn't for gaming.

3. Mandork macrumors member

It can run starcraft 2 fine, and blizzard does a good job in terms of allowing a wide range of hardware run their games, so yes it should be able to run diablo 3, but not at high quality.

4. PaulWog, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

PaulWog Suspended

Almost certainly it will be able to run Diablo 3 at lowest settings (if not slightly higher even), aside from running the game at the Air's native resolution.

Since public beta is likely to commence very soon, you will know soon enough. The system requirements of their beta will be a good enough show of what the final system requirements will be: so if an HD3000 can run Diablo 3 when the beta is released (there will be people who will test this), then you're golden.

What you *should* be hoping for is that the game doesn't cause the Air's processor to heat up to the max 100% of the time. Starcraft 2 does this. It's simply not healthy for the computer. With Applecare you shouldn't care at all: You'll be covered for 3 years on that sort of thing. But without Applecare, you could ware away your computer, and if you keep that computer past the warranty it may break down on you sooner than expected. That's obviously not written in stone... the SB processors in the Air are designed to be able to run hot, but the fact of the matter is that if you run a computer part too hot for long enough (especially the processor, graphics card, or RAM), you are playing a much bigger risk (there's simply a far greater chance of something breaking if you game on an Air all the time on a game or program that heats it up constantly... say 85+ celcius constant). Again... that's not a guarantee that it will break; it's just a bigger risk is all.

5. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

When Diablo 3 is out we'll already be talking about the MB Air 2012...
    ...or maybe MBA 2013...:rolleyes:

6. PaulWog Suspended

I would have agreed with this had you said this maybe... 6 months ago.

But Diablo 3 is about to enter its beta phase, and their announcements indicate a release rather soon.

But I guess we'll start talking about the 2012 Air within 6 months, and D3 might not be released for another 6-7 months, so you are probably technically correct.

7. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

I'm somewhat confident that it will run on the MBA, 2011 and 2010. What I'm personally hoping for is the new 15 inch Macbook Pro Slim if it has a dedicated graphics card.

8. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

No. The MacBook Air cannot run Diablo 3, as it has not been released yet.

Next question?

9. PaulWog Suspended

So if the developers at Blizzard were trying to test Diablo 3 on a Macbook Air, they couldn't run it? Are you saying Blizzard programmers are incompetent?

10. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

I'm saying the game has not been released yet. Therefore no one is able to determine if the game will run on a MacBook Air.

Next question?

11. HurdSL macrumors newbie

12. PaulWog Suspended

Uhhh... alright. Next question:

Do you realize what forum you're on? (*hint*: Macrumors.com)

One would think this implies that rumors, guesses, and long-shots are all welcome here. Anything Mac-related (including how software might run on a Mac) obviously falls under this category.

13. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Trolls will be trolls.

Next question?

14. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

15. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

Me too, would love to be able to play D3 away from my desktop :) As far as history goes, blizzard games are never really graphically demanding. I think we should be able to play D3 on low settings at the very least.

16. TheEmpty macrumors member

True. I'm sad that my new MBA can't do d2 because of no Rosseta. Might have to learn what parallels, etc. do

(I feel bad for parallel lines, they have so much in common, but they will never meet.)

17. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

We're ralking about Blizzard here, betaphase means nothing. Remember how they delayed Starcraft 2 several times because they needed half the development team at the WoW addon project?

18. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

You can also do boot camp, I find it better when compared to parallel windows