Will MBA mid-2013 get 10.9 upgrade for free?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by keviny, Jun 17, 2013.

1. keviny macrumors newbie

2. Mavericks macrumors member

Mavericks

3. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

i dont know what kind of reply you expect. no one knows unless apple happens to drop by and tell you.

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

No one knew when this same question was asked on June 11th, click here, but maybe if enough people start new threads about it every week, someone will eventually know.

5. XoFu macrumors regular

XoFu

I guess nobody knows and unfortunately my crystal ball needs a motherboard replacement!;)

6. PhD Chick macrumors newbie

I must say, I do find it highly unlikely. With Mavericks being likely to cost about $20, the 'I bought my laptop four/five months before the update was actually released, so I should get it free' viewpoint seems a bit optimistic.

7. iPlodder macrumors member

I doubt it. I suspect that once OS X 10.9 is launched in the autumn/fall anyone buying a Mac between the launch event and the actual release/availability date will get a free upgrade, but with the updates only being available through the Mac App Store that window will be small-to-non-existent.

8. james1758 macrumors regular

james1758

Unfortunately I doubt it. Would be nice if they did though :p its not too much money anyways

9. Bear macrumors G3

Funny, my Magic 8-Ball is cloudy as well when trying to ask about Mavericks.

I expect the window will be between 30 and 45 days.

10. jjmcpherson macrumors newbie

No. And you should not keep your hope up for something that is unlikely to happen.

11. ApplNat macrumors member

ApplNat

Expecting Apple to lose another stream of incremental revenue? No this will not be free to those who purchased MBAs now. I wish it were (free) because I am one of those purchasing now, but it will be an extra cost when it gets released.

12. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

No.
    Last year it was because ML was ready to be released a few weeks later.
    Now we don't even have a release date and they just gave the first beta at wwdc.