Will MBP refurb drop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jimmyfingers, Jan 19, 2008.

1. jimmyfingers macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a MBP as a refurb as I can't afford the £1600 for the new 2.4 model, and was wondering if historically Apple reduce the prices of their refurb models when a new version (i.e. Penryn) is released?

I'm not holding out for the Penryn to buy new as the prices of a new one will probably be the same as they are now, but just on the off chance they reduce the present model by another £100 - £200. £1299 for a refurb at the moment sounds like great value.

2. weckart macrumors 68040

Hard to predict this one. Apple does not appear to have lowered the refurb prices on the Mac Pro on the UK store, at least, despite the new models introduced. You might even have to wait until the new models find their way into the refurb shop to see the next shift in prices.

3. jimmyfingers thread starter macrumors newbie

Think I may as well buy now then. A new model is £400 more again, and with a new model I'd probably want to get the faster hardrive and before you know it the price has rocketed! A refurb 2.4 glossy sounds great for my needs - photography, web design and Visual Studio & SQL via Bootcamp.

4. Golcondio macrumors member

Refurb forever! The sweet 16% price drop I got on my 2,2 MBP really made the difference for me (we're talking about 300 euros, give or take), and allowed me to buy 4Gb of RAM, which are critical for me (I like sampling and re-sampling and re-re-sampling audio in real-time, therefore I need to keep it all in RAM).

5. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

If you know ANYONE at University in the UK (be it a staff member or a student) then you could always get them to order the computer for you. The discount on new models is typically about 17% and is a great saving.

6. jimmyfingers thread starter macrumors newbie

Just my luck - I went to the website to order my refurb MBP 2.4 glossy and they have sold out since this morning! Only have the matte screen MBP's at the moment. Are they likely to be more available in the furture or is that it?