Will Multi-touch Trackpad be Included in Next Update

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rhyndu, Jun 14, 2008.

1. rhyndu macrumors regular

I have been using on my Gen2 Base MB for a little over 2 years now, and it is finally getting a bit too slow and old for my needs. In the next year or so, I am going to be purchasing a BlackBook replacement.

Obviously, I would like to get as many features as possible in my next purchase. So, although I know none of you know the detailed plans of Apple and Steve, do you think the multitouch trackpad (which I would use frequently) has any hope of coming to the MB? And if so, when?

--

Do note that I have not seen any topics that ask the same question (recently), but if there are and I missed them, I would be happy to have a url to the said (answered) post.:)

2. illidian macrumors 6502

The multi-touch trackpad will come to the MacBook before too long, if for no other reason than to combat Windows 7.

Whether they add it onto the next update (which is possible) or wait until multi-touch becomes more of a core feature of OS X is hard to say, but we will see it.

3. Phillyzero macrumors regular

Phillyzero

If and when this touted redesign happens, multitouch is all but guaranteed in the design.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If anyone did, they would be rich. ;)

5. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

A MB with multi touch would be crawling into MBP territory

My guess is maybe 2 updates (maybe when Nehalem for desktop and laptops comes out) :confused:

6. rhyndu thread starter macrumors regular

Very, very true

--

So the general consensus is maybe in January '09?

7. illidian macrumors 6502

:confused::confused::confused:

Where are you getting that?

8. rhyndu thread starter macrumors regular

Well some people said two updates more... some said one... and it sort of would make sense to go out during MW2009 - unless I guess Apple is waiting for SL release (which you sorta hinted at).

9. illidian macrumors 6502

Balty was the only one who threw out any kind of number. Not that it really matters - it's all pure conjecture anyway. It just irked me that you said "general consensus" which is really only one person.

In any case, MWSF2009 is very optimistic for a new notebook revision when Apple has to wait for Nahalem's release.

10. rhyndu thread starter macrumors regular

True, true - my apologies. (Comes from dealing with too many PR people at my client's companies :p)

11. kabunaru Guest

Maybe the ones that are supposed to be released later summer will have Multi-touch. But who knows? :confused: Apple can be so unpredictable sometimes.