Will my 13 inch macbook air run Diablo 3?

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I'm not looking for silk smooth gameplay, just a comfortable mostly lag free experience.

I have the 13 inch macbook air with 4 gigs of ram. 1.7 GHz Inter Core i5 processor.

Also, since it doesn't have a CD drive, does Blizzard allow you to download the client?

ohforf

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
UK
You can indeed download it. I tried playing it on my MBA but it really wasn't up to it even with the graphic options turned down.

Comment

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
So, if I went to gamestop and bought a physical copy, could I put the key in on battlenet and download the client?

Comment

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Ok, because like I said the macbook air has no CD Drive and I didn't want to go off and buy a physical copy just to able to not use it.

Comment

Frozzie

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
Ok, because like I said the macbook air has no CD Drive and I didn't want to go off and buy a physical copy just to able to not use it.
But you get the cdkey which allows you to own the game. I prefer owning a cdkey and actual disc, retail games are cheaper than buying directly from blizzard.

Comment

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Comment

scarred

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
But you get the cdkey which allows you to own the game. I prefer owning a cdkey and actual disc, retail games are cheaper than buying directly from blizzard.
We are all in the same boat, CD or not. If Blizzard shuts off their servers, we won't be able to play. The CD is useless.

Comment

digitalField

macrumors regular
May 21, 2004
portland
I'm not looking for silk smooth gameplay, just a comfortable mostly lag free experience.

I have the 13 inch macbook air with 4 gigs of ram. 1.7 GHz Inter Core i5 processor.

Also, since it doesn't have a CD drive, does Blizzard allow you to download the client?
i ahve the exact same computer as you. And it is totally playable. I have most of the settings down to either low or off, but the game is smooth and at full resolution.

M

Comment