Will my 13 inch macbook air run Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by GKDAIR, May 19, 2012.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

I'm not looking for silk smooth gameplay, just a comfortable mostly lag free experience.

I have the 13 inch macbook air with 4 gigs of ram. 1.7 GHz Inter Core i5 processor.

Also, since it doesn't have a CD drive, does Blizzard allow you to download the client?

2. ohforf macrumors newbie

You can indeed download it. I tried playing it on my MBA but it really wasn't up to it even with the graphic options turned down.

3. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

So, if I went to gamestop and bought a physical copy, could I put the key in on battlenet and download the client?

4. Frozzie macrumors regular

5. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, because like I said the macbook air has no CD Drive and I didn't want to go off and buy a physical copy just to able to not use it.

6. Frozzie macrumors regular

But you get the cdkey which allows you to own the game. I prefer owning a cdkey and actual disc, retail games are cheaper than buying directly from blizzard.

7. ndonnine macrumors newbie

err.. No they are the same price and you won't pay tax when you buy online from blizzard..

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

9. scarred macrumors 6502a

We are all in the same boat, CD or not. If Blizzard shuts off their servers, we won't be able to play. The CD is useless.

10. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Or if your internet connection goes down.

11. digitalField macrumors regular

i ahve the exact same computer as you. And it is totally playable. I have most of the settings down to either low or off, but the game is smooth and at full resolution.

M