Will my 2007 MacBook work with an iPad 3?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by walker328, May 30, 2013.

1. walker328 macrumors newbie

My elderly mom bought a brand new iPad3 while she was in the US last November (she lives in England). She has an old PC laptop that she got for free that barely works, and certainly doesn't work with her iPad - she can't install iTunes on it anyway. I'm giving her my older MacBook that works fine but now I wonder if it will even work with her new iPad 3? Here is what I'm giving her: mid 2007 white 13" MacBook, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X version 10.6.8... iTunes 10.6.3 is installed - what else is needed to know?
    I updated the iTunes software so I know my iPhone 4S works with it, but just not sure about her iPad. I read it needs to be running OS X Lion but I don't think the system will even handle that - seems Snow Leopard is as far as this model will go, operating system wise. Can someone tell me for sure? I have searched all over Google for answers and can't get a straight answer and I don't want to just randomly install software on this computer that will make it ... die. ;) (That already happened, and I had to have a new (used) hard drive installed, which is only 60gb.)

Thanks for any help! :D

2. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef