Will my blue AT&T 3G SIM card work in 1st gen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLoveMyApple, May 3, 2009.

1. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

My sister gave me her 1st gen iPhone. She upgraded to a 3G. Right now I have a Samsung Propel on AT&T. It has the blue 3G SIM card. Will it work in a 1st gen iPhone? My plan isn't eligible for an upgrade yet. So can I just put my SIM card in the iPhone and everything will work or do I have to call them? I have unlimited text and MediaNet currently with my Propel. Do they just have to transfer everything over? One more question. Are they going to charge me anything for doing this?:confused::confused:

2. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Oh yeah and I know the 3G won't work on the 1st gen. ;)

3. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

Crowded Busses, Cramped Elevators, Taco Bell
    Try installing iFart Mobile. Trust me on this one..

4. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Oh one more question. Hahaha. Sorry. Does she just restore the iPhone on her computer and then give it to me and I can install my SIM card and plug it into my iTunes and set it all up

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Put the SIM card into the iPhone and plug it into the computer. Then open iTunes and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

No charges or fees and everything should work perfectly fine (except no 3G of course, but you knew that), just do what the theSpaz said....put your SIM in, connect to computer, open iTunes, follow instructions.