Will my computer be good enough in six months>?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greenbreadmmm, Mar 2, 2009.

1. greenbreadmmm macrumors regular

Weird question and i know it might be to early to ask, but im bored. I have the macbook pro in my sig. If i get into my graphic design major I would start in September. The same time as my birthday. Will there be a big enough difference between my computer and the macbook pros of later this year? I know the icore7 will eventually be mobile, but when? Would it be wise for me to upgrade when the icore7 comes out or do u think this computer will last me. Right now i notice little to no slow downs in my work in illustrator, indesign and photoshop. But i wont have the money to upgrade later if i wait paste september.
    Another side question would be, if my current mbp would be good enough to last me another 2-3 years, would it be worth getting an imac in september to save some money and just keep this macbook? thanks

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I wouldn't worry about it unless your computer suddenly becomes a major bottleneck for a new application. There aren't even mobile Nehalem laptops out yet either...

3. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

4. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

5. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Especially for school!

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Wouldn't it just be easier to use your current machine until you feel it is too slow?

That being said if this is your only chance to upgrade for the next couple of years then hop on craigs list and pick up a used 2.4 unibody. You'll be able to recoop some by selling your current machine.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i still cant justify getting a new laptop to replace my first gen mb from 2006

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

What's going to happen in six months? Is your computer going to become slower? Are you going to downgrade the RAM or processor? Are you going to replace the hard drive with a smaller one?

Unless you start using applications that you don't currently use, your machine will be just as good at any time in the future as it is right now.

9. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

Macintosh machines are NOT a fad, even though Apple sells them as if they were.

The Macintosh machine *if taken care of properly* will last A LONG TIME.