will my contacts get erased after installing ios8.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dare2winn, Sep 25, 2014.

1. dare2winn macrumors newbie

hello guys ..i have little idea about iphone ...i am going to install ios 8,0,2 leaving ios7 . but what content will remain in my iphone and what contents will be erased? mainly i have many contacts in iphone and i dont wanna loose it so i am worried that will my contacts get erased after having ios 8? or not? or is there any special method to keep my contact even after the update? and u can give me idea to back up and again restore or link for that tutorials...i am waiting ur help very soon

regards...

2. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Youll be fine. Contacts, pics, music, etc..... Still be there.

3. dare2winn thread starter macrumors newbie

should i choose update or restore tab in itunes

i dont wanna loose app and the contacts so what tab should i click?

4. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

You need to connect your phone to the computer, open itunes, once you see your phone on itunes, you navigate around. Any apps that you have bought/downloaded...they still be there for you. If not you can re-download at no charge.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

An update only updates your software, it does not delete or change anything else. All of your contacts, apps, texts, etc will be completely untouched. As a general rule, it's good to back up your phone before an update in case there are any issues. But those are rare, no need to be concerned.

6. dare2winn thread starter macrumors newbie

but what about if contact is lost??

thanks for response fren,,,but what if contact is lost when my all contact is lost ..? so i care only for the contact and the level of the games i have made by playing them for a long time,,,,,

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He told you above nothing will be lost.
    An update doesn't remove anything from your phone.

8. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

9. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

There are apps that can save your contacts if you want to be double protected.