will my contacts get erased after installing ios8.0.2?

dare2winn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
hello guys ..i have little idea about iphone ...i am going to install ios 8,0,2 leaving ios7 . but what content will remain in my iphone and what contents will be erased? mainly i have many contacts in iphone and i dont wanna loose it so i am worried that will my contacts get erased after having ios 8? or not? or is there any special method to keep my contact even after the update? and u can give me idea to back up and again restore or link for that tutorials...i am waiting ur help very soon

regards...

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
You need to connect your phone to the computer, open itunes, once you see your phone on itunes, you navigate around. Any apps that you have bought/downloaded...they still be there for you. If not you can re-download at no charge.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
hello guys ..i have little idea about iphone ...i am going to install ios 8,0,2 leaving ios7 . but what content will remain in my iphone and what contents will be erased? mainly i have many contacts in iphone and i dont wanna loose it so i am worried that will my contacts get erased after having ios 8? or not? or is there any special method to keep my contact even after the update? and u can give me idea to back up and again restore or link for that tutorials...i am waiting ur help very soon

regards...
An update only updates your software, it does not delete or change anything else. All of your contacts, apps, texts, etc will be completely untouched. As a general rule, it's good to back up your phone before an update in case there are any issues. But those are rare, no need to be concerned.

dare2winn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
but what about if contact is lost??

You need to connect your phone to the computer, open itunes, once you see your phone on itunes, you navigate around. Any apps that you have bought/downloaded...they still be there for you. If not you can re-download at no charge.
thanks for response fren,,,but what if contact is lost when my all contact is lost ..? so i care only for the contact and the level of the games i have made by playing them for a long time,,,,,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.