Will my iMac be able to play Cod4?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by x TaaanK, May 18, 2012.

1. x TaaanK, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012

x TaaanK macrumors newbie

I was thinking of getting cod4 for my iMac but I'm not sure if it would let me play it. I got my iMac in July 2011, 21.5 inch
    Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Will i be able to play cod4 with these specs?

2. simsaladimbamba

My 2007 iMac can play that game (2 GHz C2D CPU and 4 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 2400XT) and my 2009 MacBook Pro (2.8 GHz C2D, 8 GB RAM and Nvidia 9600M GT) too.

PS: Maybe include the game title next time in your thread title, since many, many people ask the same question, just for different titles though (SC, DIII and so on).

3. leman macrumors 604

Isn't COD4 a four year old game? I am sure that your iMac will run it, probably even at good settings on native resolution.

4. x TaaanK thread starter macrumors newbie

So it should definitely work? and yeah I should of included the game in the title but I didn't think I needed to

5. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

Attached Files:

6. x TaaanK thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer. I bought cod4 yesterday and then remembered that the specs of my mac may of not matched the game specs and started panicking

----------

What settings do you recommend I should play on?

7. simsaladimbamba

Assuming your 2011 iMac is at least twice and up to thrice as fast as a 2007 iMac and 2009 MBP using C2D CPUs and seeing as they can run it at good settings and seeing that that game is four years old, yes, it will be playable.
    But I guess you talk about the Mac App Store (MAS) version of COD4?

And you didn't need to include the title, it just would have been more descriptive and people in the know (or having the same question) would know where to click or look for answers.

To edit your thread title ust click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

8. x TaaanK thread starter macrumors newbie

I edited the title.

9. leman macrumors 604

The highest you are confortable with, of course ;)

10. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

Go as high as you can without any lag, start off at medium, then try high. If high runs fine you may want to try ultra (if there is an ultra). If it doesn't run as smoothly, just go back to high ;)