Will my incase snap case work With the iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The Game 161, Oct 18, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Anybody know if it will fit the 4s like it does my 4?

2. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Depends.

Was it an early one made for the GSM iPhone4 with two openings on the left side? If so, then it doesn't fit at the mute button. You might be able to trim it to work but perhaps better to send it on with the iPhone4 wherever it goes.

Incase adjusted the design when the CDMA iPhone4 came out; that version should work if it just has the one left side opening as shown in the current model.

[​IMG]

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

uK based here and got it last dec if that means anything

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you bought it in December in the UK, I doubt it will work.

The key differentiation is this:

Does it look like the picture above (one hole encompassing mute switch and volume buttons), or does it have two holes on the left side, one for the mute switch and one for the volume buttons like this one:

[​IMG]

One hole version should work fine, two hole version won't work with the 4S without trimming (which I wouldn't recommend).

Reason is the mute switch is moved ever so slightly closer to the volume buttons and the plastic between the two holes interferes with the switch by half a millimeter or so.

6. defektion macrumors regular

I trimmed mine.

I upgraded from a 4 to a 4s and the silent switch is lower. I took an exacto knife and carefully trimmed that plastic piece between the silent switch and the volume up button.

It fits fine and saved myself $40 for another case.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the poor picture.

It's not PERFECT but if you really want to save yourself some cash it works. No problems.

7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah that pic looks exactly like mine

On the apple site it says it works with 4s so will see when I get the 4s and put it in