Will my iphone Work anymore?? :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by anewfoundsin, Oct 3, 2011.

1. anewfoundsin macrumors member

So the other night I went to Settings, General, Reset, and Erase all content and settings(?), and a message appeared that will take a several minutes(or hours) for this complete. I did that, and now it has a "usb plug to itunes" picture/logo on the screen and when you unlock the screen, it goes to "emergency call" screen. :(
    When I plug it into iTunes, nothing happens! On itunes window, the only thing that appears is the word "iphone" in the middle of a white screen. I did the recovery mode and same thing, doesnt work. Any suggestions? By the way its a 1st or 2nd(?) generation iphone 16gb.

Help?
    Thanks.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Put it into DFU mode (Google it) and restore your iPhone.

3. anewfoundsin thread starter macrumors member

i just did that DFU mode (exactly as explained). didn't help

am i screwed??? :(

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you know if you have a 1st or 2nd gen phone? Different phone need a different software to hactivate it to by pass the emergency screen.

1st iPhone version has a metal silver back with black plastic at the lower section while 2nd gen has all plastic backing with either black or white.

----------

Why OP needs to do this? When you restore the iPhone, it also bring the phone back to the emergency screen so it back to square 1.:D