Will my ipod touch last?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amycishere, Jan 9, 2009.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Hello everyone, I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are here. I have the lastest ipod touch 2g 16 gb model and I was wondering what are people's thoughts of the longevity of these new touch devices. I am not the type of person that is going to be able to afford nor want to update as soon as a new model comes out. I've heard about people's ipod's non touch lasting years and years but can we expect this with the touches?

2. Funplex macrumors regular

If you take care of it, it should last a while.

I got an iPod 5th generation back in early 2006, and I bought a silicone case for it (in case I dropped it). I keep it clean, away from water, and every month and a half, I do a full restore to keep it tidy.

It's not yet had a problem so I imagine as long as you keep good care of your device, and it wasn't flawed at the factory, you should be fine for years.

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

My guess is the iPod touch will last longer than the hard disk based iPods. Just take care of it.

4. reubs macrumors 68000

+1 to the silicone case. I dropped my 5G iPod onto concrete a few weeks ago (first drop in 2.5 yrs of ownership), and it hit right on the corner. I had it wrapped up in an evo iSkin, and the thing still works like a dream.

Get a silicone case to absorb any shock from a drop, take care of it otherwise, and you should be good.

5. tst4eko macrumors newbie

Yes do protect it any way you can. When I got my 32gb 2nd gen touch, before I even powered it up, I put it in a Macally leather jacket & put a anti-glare screen protector on it. It should look pristine whenever I need to get rid of it & upgrade to whatever new one is out there.