Will my iTunes balance expire?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by munckee, May 21, 2007.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

I just got an email from apple reminding me that I have unused credits in the itunes store. It didn't say so explicitly, but makes it seem as though those credits will expire. Is this the case, or are they just trying to get me to use them up?

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

What sort of credits are they? If it is money you put on your account from a gift card or something like that I can't imagine it would expire. It's your money, Apple wouldn't take it away.

3. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

These credits happened to come from a gift card. I didn't figure they would, but the email was cleverly worded to make it seem like they might (without actually stating that). I think apple just didn't like that I had money sitting around in my pocket instead of theirs.

4. theheadguy macrumors 65816

I doubt they will expire simply because I am not aware of any plan Apple has to cause them to expire at this time.

Keep in mind that "credits" like on gift cards can expire but only in some states. As an example, a "gift certificate" or "gift card" in CA will never expire, regardless of what it says on the certificate. Many people are not aware of that.

ciao.

5. cw2k macrumors newbie

Depends on which country you are in.

For the US they do expire but time limit is not set. Apple can choose when they believe your account in inactive.

For the UK it's 2 years from date of being added but the 2 year countdown gets reset after each use.