Will My Macbook Pro Charger Harm My Girlfriends Old Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Metal Nug, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Metal Nug macrumors newbie

Hi Guys! I'm new to these forums, seeing as I just bought a Macbook Pro a week and a half ago. I absolutely LOVE IT!! SO my girlfriend is in town (she goes to school out of state), and she has been using my charger for my new MBP. She got her MB in 2006, and I wanted to make sure my charger won't harm her computer. I also wanted to make sure her computer wouldn't ruin my charger, in turn damaging my MBP... LOL I worry about stuff, I know, but I wanna make sure it is OK for both of us. Thanks for your help everyone and I look forward to being an active member in these forums, now that I have said goodbye to Windows!

Nick

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

It'll work. MacBook Pro chargers will work on MacBooks. However, not so much the other way around. :)

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The MacBook chargers will work on MacBook Pros, they will just sustain the battery for the most part - mine seems to allow for charging, but only if you want to wait for 12 hours.

4. Metal Nug thread starter macrumors newbie

OK thanks guys! Stupid question but it can't harm the charger can it?

5. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Nah, the charger will be fine. :)

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

You can use either charger with the MacBook. And as was indicated you can also use the MacBook charger with MacBook Pro. It will power the MBP just fine, but won't be able to charge it very well.