Will my MBP play this game?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Meetster, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Meetster macrumors member

I'm a casual sim-racing driver. I would like to continue gaming on my mbp. I have the Cinema HD Display thingy as addition to my macbook pro (that 27" thingy).

Well i just ordered my laptop today:

Macbook Pro 15"
    2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

will this run this game? --> www.iracing.com

Specs

* Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
    * Hyperthreaded Intel CPU, AMD Athlon 64 CPU, or any dual-core CPU
    * 128MB Pixel Shader 2.0 (ATI 9700Pro or nVidia 6600 or better); 256 MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI X1600 or nVidia 6800 GT/GS or better) graphics adapter recommended
    * 1 GB system RAM
    * 3Gb free hard disk space
    * Microphone optional, required for voice chat

Controller

* Steering wheel, analog gamepad, or joystick.

Internet Browser Requirements

* Firefox 1.5, Internet Explorer 7, Google Chrome 2.0 or newer
    * Javascript enabled
    * Cookies enabled
    * Flash Player

Internet Connection Speed

* 56K dial-up at a minimum, Broadband (DSL or Cable) highly recommended. Satellite broadband excluded.

Apple/Mac

Apple/Mac Computers (MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Pro) will work with iRacing provided they meet the above hardware requirements and have a valid version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 installed using Apple’s Boot Camp utility. For more information on installing windows on an Apple Computer, please see your MAC user guide or this FAQ. Note: MAC OS X does not support the iRacing.com Simulator.

2. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Will it run it? Sure, how good, that depends completely on you. The minimum requirements of the game are just that, the minimum. So if all the settings are down then obviously the MBP would have no problem, but on its highest settings depending on how demanding the game is, who knows? Also you have a 27". This will hurt you in a way because of its very high resolution. the higher the resolution the more taxing a game is on a GPU and the 27" has one of the highest resolutions available.

3. Meetster thread starter macrumors member

Well it's not really a demanding game, it's based on NASCAR 2003, so it's an "old" game :p just a bit polished graphics since then. It's a simulation not a graphic monster :)

Well I'm playing all on HIGH on my HP laptop which has 1080p resolution. and it has i7Q920M in it and 4GB and a mobile GPU.

Well from the Specs the MBP is way faster as my HP but i think it will loose some performance by using Bootroom and the High Resolution on the Cinema Display :S