Will my order get cancelled?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AVR2, Mar 26, 2011.

1. AVR2 macrumors 6502

I live in the UK and earlier today I successfully used my credit card (with a UK billing address) to buy something from the US Apple Store. It will be shipped to a US address before being forwarded to me.

I say "successfully" because a few seconds after placing the order I received my standard SMS text from my credit card company confirming that my card had been charged by Apple for the full dollar amount for the product (which is significantly cheaper than the price for the same product in British pounds). I was fully expecting the system to reject it because it wasn't a US billing address.

I still haven't received the confirmation email from Apple, I've just got the "Thank you" web page with the order number on it. I've looked up the Order Status and it just says "Not yet shipped".

Is there any likelihood that the order will get cancelled, or does the fact that the card was successfully charged mean that the system decided it was a valid order, it's all done and dusted and I just have to wait for the item to ship?

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

3. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I disagree. I ordered a 17inch MBP in 2009 from the US apple store but used a credit card with Indian billing address...and the transaction went through perfectly...and I was in India when I placed the order :D
    OP, don't worry I think they'll ship the order without any problems...good luck

4. AVR2 thread starter macrumors 6502

I only bothered seeing if it would work because I did some Googling and found posts on various forums from people who had successfully ordered stuff from the US Apple Store using a non-US credit card (but obviously shipping to an American address, since there's no way around that).

Logically you'd think that all necessary validity checking would happen *before* they charge the card, so once you've been charged that's it - there'll be no further checking and the order will proceed as normal. I doubt that there are any humans looking at the orders after all, it's probably entirely automated. Still, there are a few weeks until I find out for sure ;)

5. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Hehe I agree...I ordered my ipod touch from amazon and accidentally entered the wrong billing address (again I used an Indian credit card) ... also ordered a cover and screen protectors in the same ordered...and next day I got an email that the cover and the screen protectors couldn't be shipped because of the wrong billing address but the ipod shipped anyways...weird but funny :p

6. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

But there is nothing to disagree with?! I stated the rule, which is in black and white on the Apple Store then stated Apple may not enforce it.

Good luck to the OP I say, but I wanted him to know that Apple could cancel his order.

7. wesrk macrumors 6502a

Just my two cents here. I've ordered things from the UK store and the Mexican store with my US billing address credit card. On every case (about 4 orders on the Mexican store, 2 so far on the UK store) I get an email confirming my order, then a few minutes later another email saying there was a problem charging my card, then within the hour an email saying my order was processed fine.

As far as I been able to detect, the US online store is different, it won't let you select other country for the address, so how can it work?