Will my plan work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vinay427, Jun 14, 2009.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hey,

I just want to know if my plan will work to upgrade from the 8GB 3G to the 16GB 3G(s). I found a site, www.flipswap.com, that allows you to swap your phone for cash, charity, or an Amazon gift card. Obviously for this purpose I want cash. In that case, I get $175.99. Then, I will call AT&T and tell them to add a new line on my family plan and port my number to that. Then, I will also tell them about either the 411 change or privacy policy change and have them cancel the original line I had. Then, would I be able to get the 3G(s) at a fully subsidized price? I'm not sure if adding a new line counts as being a new customer, because on these forums I figured out that an individual account (at least) can't be reactivated within 90 days or something like that. Does that apply to creating a new line then porting your number over? Thanks a lot in advance!

Also, please don't post something like "JUST WAIT FOR THE IPHONE NEXT YEAR YOU CHEAPO!!!" or similar. I just want to know if my above plan will work.

Thanks,
    vinay427

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I would not trust the sites that offer you cash... except for ebay... you dont know who your dealing with.. I would check the site out on the BBB ( www.bbb.org)

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Just Wait For The Iphone Next Year You Cheapo!!! ;)

4. pintnight macrumors 6502

Oh the things people will do to get a 3GS. Too fvcking funny! ROFL.

:rolleyes:

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Last time I checked, 8gb iPhones were going for more then 176 dollars, why not sell it on craigslist and get more bang for your phone.

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

JUST WAIT FOR THE IPHONE NEXT YEAR YOU CHEAPO!!!

And it won't work anyway because if you use the contract change cause to get out of your ATT contract its the whole contract you can't just cancel the contract on 1 line lol.

/thread fail

7. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

obvously the OP hasn't done any homework on this matter.

8. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! They gave it a F! Um... I'm not going to say anything. :D

That really cracked me up! :D

It's so f**k**g funny that you never learned to read.

Thanks for being another one of the helpful responses. I'll try it.

At least part of your post was helpful. Thanks!

Thanks for the support!

Obviously bruinsrme hasn't done any homework in school and didn't figure out how to read my OP. Oh, and thanks, I only spent 3 hours today researching everything, including talking to AT&T about it, who were not helpful, as usual. :mad:

9. pintnight macrumors 6502

Oh I read your post, quite well thank you very much.

But, you should learn to read your contract with AT&T. It's quite explicit about what you signed up for. So, that part is funny that you and others are trying to find some way to get out of the current contract in order to get the 3GS.

So, here I am laughing at you and the others. :rolleyes:

10. TheMBC macrumors 6502

11. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Why port the number, cant you just swap sims?

12. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Well, now I'm laughing at you. Because guess what? The contract only applies if AT&T doesn't change their ToS. But guess what? THEY DID and that gives us the right to legally cancel.

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Isn't that what he's doing here? Checking multiple sources is bound to net your more knowledge.

Quit being an ass.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Rule #1 of message boards postings. If you're going to post, you can't control the responses you're going to get

In other words - be prepared to get flamed when you cover a topic that's already been covered AND you look like a weasel for trying to scam your way into a new phone.

and this is hilarious "talking to AT&T about it, who were not helpful, as usual."

Really? They weren't helpful in assisting your plan to screw them over? Shocking. You know what's funny. They keep records of all customer calls in their computer. So now when you try and pull a fast one - they can reference anything you said which they might have noted down.

Now.. one has to wonder just what you asked/told the ATT operator and what might now bite you in the butt when you try and enact your "well researched plan"

15. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

Then legally cancel and sign up for a new contract

16. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

the 411 change is not part of your plan.
    It is a per usage charge or a service just like downloading a song or ringtone
    But good luck with your witty scheme