Will my Verizon watch work on Sprint?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by maleficent86, Feb 26, 2018.

1. maleficent86 macrumors regular

maleficent86

Hello Everyone,
    I am currently in the middle of a divorce right now. My soon to be ex husband and I have a plan with Verizon that he is refusing to pay on and I can no longer aford due to being left with all the home expenses by myself. I am looking to switch to Sprint but I just need to know if I will be able to use my watch from Verizon with Sprint?

2. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

short answer is yes. All the watches sold in the US have the capability to be put on any US carrier.... long answer is that I think people have had problems de-linking their account with one carrier and have it picked up by another... I'm sure there are people on this forum who have done just what you are asking though. GL with the divorce.

3. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

These guys did a decent write up of the process:

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-change-remove-carriers-on-apple-watch-series-3/

Good luck with the new life!

4. BillGates1969 macrumors 6502

BillGates1969

I have heard of a few issues, but the link in the post above explains it all.

In fairness, I think de-linking your watch should be more straightforward and painless than de-linking from your old life . Good luck with it all

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Technically speaking, you should be able to. But as has been mentioned, some carriers claim that they cannot put carrier activated x watch on their carrier y system (for whatever reason). Don't allow the sales person to put pressure on you to buy new from them.

6. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

I can't remember which thread, but someone had an issue with that, took it to an Apple Store. They tried to help and couldn't so they just gave that person a new (or refurb) watch. If you have Apple Care, probably would be pretty easy and even maybe if you don't.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I remember seeing 3? threads on the subject. Here is one of them.