Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mindgames

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
2 quick questions..

I use MyWi currently for usb tethering, once AT&T rolls out their tethering plan, will we still be able to use MyWi without AT&T knowing?

Also, why do I need to reset my network settings all the time for my maps app to locate me correctly?

thanks!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
2 quick questions..

I use MyWi currently for usb tethering, once AT&T rolls out their tethering plan, will we still be able to use MyWi without AT&T knowing?

Also, why do I need to reset my network settings all the time for my maps app to locate me correctly?

thanks!

I don't see why it wouldn't. AT&T can tell right now that you are tethering, they just haven't chosen to do anything about it.

Mindgames

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
I don't see why it wouldn't. AT&T can tell right now that you are tethering, they just haven't chosen to do anything about it.

sounds good. also, does anyone possibly know how to remove the "return" button on the keyboard? i keep hitting it when im typing and it pisses me off...who uses return anyways in txting?:mad:

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I'm sure it will, but I can see AT&T getting more aggressive about enforcement. Right now there is no tethering option so you could argue it's not costing them much if you use it responsibly. However if you use MyWi instead of the tethering option you could be accused of trying to get out of paying and therefore stealing $20/month.

masterlimp

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010

they can tell even with mywi? I thought they could only tell using native tethering hacks.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I love being able to keep my iPhone in my pocket and use the bigger screen of my iPad to look something up or show my friends a picture/something on the internet. It's quick, functional, and harmless; and if AT&T takes this away from me I'm going to flip out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.