Will NetShare Be Deleted On U.S. iPhones?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Aug 8, 2008.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

I have heard of many apps being randomly deleted and no one knows why! Do any of you think Apple will Delete NetShare on the iPhones that already have them in the U.S.?!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No. Unless Apple wants a lawsuit in their hands.

3. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

no way they jump on YOUR computer, without you knowing it and deleting something...they probably will disable the function on the next software update...but I can't see them deleting it, what happens if you moved the file, are they going to look through your whole computer!!:cool:

4. wronski macrumors 6502

Yes, and if you don't watch your back Apple will come delete you too.

5. markgamber macrumors 6502

I don't doubt Apple could do it, I guess it depends on whether or not AT&T orders Jobs to his knees again.

6. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

If they delete it or even render it useless, they BETTER at least give back the money they charged for it. I hope they leave it alone though.

7. Emma35 macrumors newbie

This was just on the local news and it said Apple can delete them and they will be taken off the apps. store. How they'll delete them, I don't know!

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I just want to know that I will get my money back if/when they disable it. I shouldn't be charged for something they are taking away from me...

9. milani macrumors 68000

milani

This is one application I wish I had purchased when I had the chance. I doubt we'll ever see it in the Apps Store again.

10. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

x eleventy billion. :(

11. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

12. markgamber macrumors 6502

ROFL!!!

13. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

You and me both

14. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apple has the ability to erase it from everyone's phone. They also have the right to do that.

Still, I don't think they will. The negative publicity would be too great.

If AT&T gets really bi***y about it I suspect they'd rather just pay them a little extra cash to shut up about it. Apple would prefer that everyone just forgets about this which won't happen if they erase the apps.

My guess is, it will continue to work for those who have it, even after the next update.

15. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Please quote in the agreement where they have the write to disable or delete something that you paid for.

16. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This first part is ambiguous, but we'll start here.

Now, that could be read to mean they can take stuff off the store only. It doesn't neccissarily mean they can access the phone. But I quote this as something that could possibly be interpreted in that way.

Now, onto the more compelling part:

This one basically boils down to this: If you have something that infringes on a 3rd party's rights, they can do something about it.

Obvously, in this case AT&T is the 3rd party claiming harm. So, what is Apple allowed "to do" about it?

This doesn't say they can erase things off of your phone, but it certainly leaves open that possibility. It sure doesn't say they can't.

The bottom line is, if they refund your credit card, I'm not sure there's anything you can complain about. (Legally, I mean.)

17. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Could someone that did manage to get the app upload it so people could manually install the app?

This is a question to see if this type of thing would be possible, not asking someone to do it!

18. tritonj macrumors 6502a

DRM protection wouldn't allow you to do that.

as for them deleting the program, Apple can say that it violates policy of the carrier and the app is disabled, and just refund everyone, and it really won't be that big a deal to most people. probably 70% of the people who bought iPhones couldn't install an OS on a computer if their life depended on it. so they aren't very tech savvy and most who care are the geeks, everyone else who needs this type of access probably already has a 3G card for their laptops, because that is the simple plug and play way to do it. while Netshare requires setting up proxies etc