Will new Haswell 13" rMBP have 16GB RAM?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ValSalva, May 11, 2013.

1. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

The current 13" rMBP maxes out at 8GB of RAM. This was a deal killer for me, especially in a 'Pro' laptop which can never be upgraded.

Does anyone think the Haswell 13" rMPB that's expected in June at WWDC will have a BTO option for 16GB of RAM?

Or will we have to wait until there are small enough 16GB RAM modules?

If there is any redesign on the rMBP this has to be among the most important.

2. Serban Suspended

yes maybe not the base rmbp 13 will have but the high end model will defiantly will have

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Lol oh will it? How do you know?

4. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

he doesn't ....no one does.

i would hope they do , i love the 13" and do not want to get the 15" , i do not want the deticated graphics or larger size.

i would however enjoy the 16gb of ram.

5. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

6. Serban Suspended

the high end mabook pro retina 13 will can have 16GB ram

7. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Probably will. I'd be surprised if it didn't. Not standard, but as an upgrade option.

Be ready to pay 6x market value for it though. Wouldn't be surprised if it was like $400.

8. Serban Suspended

same apple premium price like for 16gb ram in iMac. no differences

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

is anything outside of ios 7 and os x actually expected at wwdc?

10. ValSalva thread starter macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Because of what Tim Cook said during the Apple earnings call I'd say that iOS 7 and OS X 10.9 are sure things for WWDC. All other available and seemingly reliable rumors points towards Haswell rMBP's at WWDC. Nothing is guaranteed though.

11. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

how do u know if threy HAVENT EVEN RELEASED IT YET

12. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I don't think either rMBP 13" will get 16GB of RAM as standard but I think it will be offered as a BTO option. RAM prices have increased about 2x since the rMBP's were introduced last june so I think the cost savings (if any) on the other parts in the notebooks would not make up for the increased RAM price, negating them making a 16GB config the default.

Again though just my opinion no one really knows until we see it on the webpage.

13. Serban Suspended

i am sure that you can have 16GB ram into 13"rMB PRO. It is a PRO in 2013-2014 and we are talking about APPLE brand. Get real guys. Yes maybe in macbook air you will cannot get 16gb ram but that will be probably the difference, the ram, the cpu and gpu between air and PRO.

14. bcaslis macrumors 68020

No, it can't currently. I have the high-end and the most you can get is 8GB. Will the new one? Don't know. It depends on the room on the logic board since it's soldered on. My guess would be no.

15. Serban Suspended

get real, as i said, is sad that i cannot bet with you guys a lot of money. Haswell Retina macbook pro can have 16 gb ram

16. Exana macrumors regular

Apple don't care about Haswell. They do change from an generation of Intel CPU to an other without even a conf. WWDC will be for Mac Pro, iOS 7. Each WWDC is not MacBook dedicated.

17. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I think what he means is, technically the CPU can support / address 16GB of RAM (And 32GB even) but that Apple chooses currently not to offer such an option on their 13" product.

He believes that they will offer such an option once they change the CPU to Haswell.

Personally I think 16GB will be a build to order option on the Haswell rMBP's but I doubt they will include it in any of the default configurations of the 13" Model.

18. Serban Suspended

correct

19. AndreasM macrumors newbie

Really nice to see that many of you think that the mbpr 2013 will get 16GB (or at least have the option to upgrade to). Have been waiting about a year now to buy a mbpr 13 and was so disappointed with that they didn't realase any 13 inch model a year ago and then that the first version of it in November were so much weaker then the 15. However I'm a bit confused if Apple release the new 13 in June. What about the GT3 graphics that are supposed to be release in Q3. Would this then mean that we will miss out on the GT3 in the mbpr 13 2013?